With all of the fuss over the release of my third novel Blogger Girl and the re-release of my debut novel, Just Friends with Benefits, I almost forgot all about my “middle child” A State of Jane. (I’m surprised I haven’t heard the voice of Jan Brady whining “Blogger Girl, Blogger Girl, Blogger Girl!”) But Jane Frank need not fret as I could never forget the anniversary of the day her story was released to the world. Happy Anniversary to A State of Jane! In honor of this momentous milestone, I have a special guest blogging about the first year anniversary. Welcome Beth Bacon to my blog! I am very lucky in that my publisher, Booktrope, provides marketing support to all of its authors in the form of a Marketing Manager. Beth Bacon is my Marketing Manager and she’s fantastic. I truly think I hit the jackpot of Marketing Managers. And, really, how many other Marketing Managers would agree to guest post on their author’s blogs? So, without further ado, I will hand this over to Beth:
The 1-Year Anniversary… What does it mean?
Happy birthday, Jane. It’s the one-year anniversary of the publication of A State Of Jane. The first copies started rolling out of Amazon warehouses in mid-September 2012. The chick-lit world has never been the same.
One year. What does a year mean? The marker can trigger a celebration or act as a kick in the pants—Crap! A year has gone by already?
That’s the way Jane feels at the opening of A State of Jane. She’s been single for one year. The anniversary is like a wake up call. BRING! Time to get a life.
Granted Jane is the one who wanted the break up. But in the twelve long, dry months after that, Jane hasn’t dated a single Tom, Dick, or Harry. Crossing the one-year threshold jolts her into action. She needs to find a guy. The guy. The one. And fast. Especially because her ex is now happily engaged—to someone… nice.
What is it about the one-year milestone that spurs Jane to get off her butt and start dating like a her pants are on fire? What is it about the calendar circling around onto itself that makes one day different from the day before? Why do we mark anniversaries at all? And why, why do we feel so excited to celebrate the date that the book A State of Jane was launched into the world?
Okay, hold on, wait. This is not a philosophy blog. This is a chick lit blog. Forget I went there.
Instead—LET’S PARTY! A STATE OF JANE IS ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!
WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?
How do I decide?
• Skinny blue jeans and white t-shirt like Kim on the cover of Blogger Girl?
• An A-line dress cinched at waist with pumps like Stephanie in Just Friends With Benefits?
• A V-neck cashmere sweater, black jeans and boots like Jane in A State of Jane?
WHAT AM I GOING TO DRINK?
So many tasty cocktails.
• A skinny flute of Prosecco like Kim in Blogger Girl?
• A dirty Martini like Hannah in Blogger Girl?
• Wheat beer like Stephanie in Just Friends with Benefits?
• A nice glass of white wine like Jane in A State of Jane?
WHERE SHOULD WE GO TO CELEBRATE?
Lots of places to check out.
• Vero Wine Bar, Banc Cafe, The Hurricane Club, or Ryan’s Daughter like in Blogger Girl?
• The Round Robin Bar, the Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar, or the Rhino Bar & Pumphouse like in Just Friends with Benefits?
• Whisky River, Hillstone, or the Lex Bar like in A State of Jane?
HOW LATE AM I GOING TO STAY OUT?
Not too late. I’m gonna’ get home early, curl up in bed, and re-read A State of Jane.