CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED – WINNER ANNOUNCED – CONGRATULATIONS SANDRA! THANKS TO ALL FOR PLAYING!!!
Happy Black Friday! I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinners and ate until you needed to pop open a button in your pants. I know I did! Thank you to Carrie Anne Ryan for hosting this fabulous blog hop and for allowing me to participate! One lucky commenter will win a $5 Amazon or Barnes & Noble Gift Card. There are also THREE grand prizes. You as a reader can go to EACH blog and comment with your email address and be entered to win. Yep, you can enter over 200 times!
1st Grand Prize: A Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet
2nd Grand Prize: A $75 Amazon or B&N Gift Card
3rd Grand Prize: A Swag Pack that contains paperbacks, ebooks, 50+ bookmarks, cover flats, magnets, pens, coffee cozies, and more!
Read on for instructions on how to win!
With the holiday season officially upon us, it goes without saying that list-maker extraordinaire Jane Frank, the character of my newest novel, A State of Jane has her Christmas list already prepared and ready to go. I thought it would be fun to share her list with you. I’ve also shared Jane’s own letter to Santa Claus.
I hope you had a great year! I can’t believe it’s already time to tell you what I want for Christmas and for the coming year. I’ve been a nice girl this year, with some notable exceptions, yes, but even nice girls get to be naughty sometimes too, right? Um, ok let’s continue. For the coming year, I’d really appreciate if you could arrange for the following gifts and blessings to be sent my way.
1. Acceptance letter from Columbia Law. I know I have to make more time to study for the LSAT and I promise I will as soon as things calm down in my personal life!
2. Lose 5 pounds. I have been going to the gym A LOT lately and even though I’ve also been experimenting with new recipes, I think the effort I’ve made to exercise should count for something. I mean, Lainie practically begs me to make my special macaroni and cheese recipe and Marissa loves my red velvet cupcakes and I can’t possibly show up to brunch at my parent’s house empty-handed. It’s only fair that I get to at least eat too, right?
3. Speaking of food, I would L.O.V.E. the Top Chef 9-piece Cutlery Set
4. A healthy little niece or nephew that I could spoil and dress up in cute clothes!
5. Nanette Lapore Tea For Two dress with cutout detail on front. So pretty but SO expensive!
6. La Mer moisturizing lotion – my mom says if I start using it now, I can probably delay the aging process for at least a few more years!
7. Michael Kors Fragrance holiday gift set
8. Finally, if you could make it so I met my soul mate this year, I would gladly agree to go to Fordham law instead of Columbia and lose only two pounds! And I could probably wait until I’m 30 to start using La Mer…
Jane Alexis Frank
Jane’s Holiday Shopping List:
Lainie (roommate) – A journal from Kate’s Paperie to document activities with boy-toy of the week; coupons good for a week of dinners made by Jane; bottle of Baileys Irish Creme.
Marissa (BFF) – Season one of True Blood on DVD; Copy of Men are from Mars women are from Venus; giant homemade chocolate chip cookie with Jane’s special secret ingredient; four piece What on Earth U2 album coaster set
Andrew (officemate)– Twenty-four pack of Night Light glow in the dark condoms; Christopher Moore’s book You Suck
Claire (older sister)– Bottle of prenatal vitamins; $50 gift certificate to Loews/AMC movie theaters (to share with husband, Kevin); cashmere hat, glove and mitten set from Bloomingdales; Kate Spade Nook Cover (from outlet).
Bob (ex boyfriend) Gift Certificate to Bar 29 for $25 beer/wings to watch “Cuse” basketball.
Kevin (Brother-in-law) – autographed copy of Red, White and Brew. An American Beer Odessey by Brian Yaeger; $50 gift certificate to Loews/AMC movie theaters (to share with Claire)
Mom – Frank Girl’s-Day-Out including facials and anti-wrinkle treatment at Mario Badesco Day Spa followed by sushi dinner at Bond Street (halfsies with Claire)
Dad – Ping Nome 355 Golf Putter (halfsies with Claire and Kevin) Lunch on me after father/daughter walking (subway?) tour of NYC law schools
One lucky winner – $5 Amazon giftcard. All you need to do is leave a comment with your email address.
Please see the attached link for the other participating authors and GOOD LUCK!