My new website was born this weekend and this is my first post on my new blog! As this is a new beginning for me, I have decided to write some vows that I will try very hard to uphold with respect to my postings:
- I vow to be sufficiently active on this blog but not so active that any followers I am lucky to secure will accuse me of being a self-promoting, all-about-me douchebag. My goal is a new post approximately once a week.
- I vow to keep it real. I will not paint my life as one of perfection because we all know that no one’s life is perfect. I will post the good, the bad and the ugly. But the ugly will not include pictures of myself after a two hour run or after just waking up in the morning.
- I vow to post about my books and my writing but also anything on my mind I think might be of interest to my followers, including but not limited to events in pop culture and humorous observations about life in New York City or anywhere else my travels take me.
- I vow to host guest bloggers on my site so that they can shamelessly self-promote their books or share their own humorous observations about life. If you are interested in being a guest on my blog, please contact me.
- I vow to keep mentions of my mother to a minimum at her request. She is the favorite and most productive of my muses but it makes her uncomfortable and I love her too much to cause her pain.
- I vow to be open to suggestions for blog topics. If there is anything you’d like me to write about, I would be happy to oblige (within reason).
That’s about it for now but I vow to come back and add more if it’s deemed necessary.